Show Notes & Links
Henning and Kahlil have an interesting and amusing conversation with Steve Klabnik about his origins as a programmer and how he got involved in Ruby, JSON API and Rust.
- [00:01:30] Henning welcomes Steve Klabnik to the show
- [00:04:30] Learning C at age 12-ish
- [00:13:03] Dropped out of college and joined a startup
- [00:41:50] Taking over the Hackety Hack project
- [00:47:50] First conference talk
- [00:50:10] Teaching Ruby at Jumpstart Labs
- [01:04:01] Starting at Mozilla and working on Rust
- [01:12:05] arewewebyet.com
- [01:13:00] The story of JSON API
- [01:22:35] Hold on! How does that Mozilla gig work?
- [01:26:40] The Servo Parallel Browser Project
- [01:29:47] Why Rubyists should use Rust
- [01:36:45] Picks
- [01:57:00] I will be unlocking my Twitter in the near future
- Steve Klabnik is @steveklabnik on Twitter
- JSON API
- Are We Web Yet?
- Steve's picks:
- Henning's picks
- Kahlil's picks: